Welcome, we are glad that you are interested in setting up a stake pool on Cardano.
This course is designed to (re)introduce you to Cardano, walk you through how to set up a stake pool, and provide guidance on managing and maintaining your stake pool to ensure optimal performance and profitability.
The whole stake pool course is only on the testnet. Before you run your pool on the mainnet, you should have practised a lot on the testnet, know how to rotate your KES keys and have great understanding of stake pool security.
What you will learn
The course consists of several lessons and a handbook that provides full instructions for each lesson.
After finishing the first lesson, you will learn the following:
- How to setup VirtualBox
- How to setup a Linux server on AWS
- How to configure a server in different server providers
- How to install cardano-node
- How to start cardano-node and get configuration files
After finishing the second lesson, you will learn the following:
- What is the UTxO model
- How to create payment keys and addresses with the CLI
- How to request the faucet
- How to create and submit transactions
After finishing the third lesson, you will learn the following:
After finishing the fourth lesson, you will learn the following:
- What is Key Evolving Signature(KES)
- What is a pledge mechanism
- How to generate the Keys and operational certificate for the stake pool
- How to prepare your topology files
- How to register your stake pool and its metadata to the blockchain
- How to secure your cryptographic keys
After finishing the fifth lesson, you will learn the following:
Course Guides and Handbook
This course has everything you may need from video tutorials to the supportive guides and handbook.
To make sure that you fully understand the course, please complete the Assignments.
If you have any questions and suggestions while taking the lessons please feel free to ask in the Cardano forum and we will respond as soon as possible.