Marlowe is the domain-specific language (DSL) that allows users to build blockchain applications tailored to financial contracts.
With the Marlowe DSL you gain huge efficiencies because you can get much better security, much better certainty, much better guarantees of termination, and correctness of behavior compared to a Turing-complete language.
The design guarantees the following:
- Contracts are finite. No recursion or loops.
- Contracts will terminate. Timeout on all actions.
- Contracts have a defined lifetime.
- No assets retained on close.
- Conservation of value.
The Marlowe Playground is an easy-to-use, visual, and modular plug-and-play smart contract builder and simulator. Watch this 4 minute long tour of the Marlowe Playground: build, simulate and analyse Marlowe contracts.
- Blockchain Essentials
- Domain-specific languages
- Financial contracts
- Onto blockchain
- Escrow onto blockchain
- Marlowe in full
- A first contract
- Elaborating the contract
- Choices and observations
- Using Haskell in the playground
- Building Marlowe directly in the playground
- Building contracts in Blockly
- Simulation in the playground
- Oracles in the playground
- Analysis in the playground
- ACTUS labs