Fund your Project with Catalyst
Visit the official Project Catalyst website for a comprehensive overview of the services and solutions provided by the world's largest decentralized innovation engine for solving real-world challenges.
The portal on cardano.ideascale.com is where the Cardano community’s ideas come to life. Here, users can browse active campaigns, participate in discussions, and put forward their ideas for feedback and voting from the community.
Built around ‘Active Campaigns’, the Project Catalyst Ideascale contains several categories of proposals that idea-makers and entrepreneurs can explore when making a proposal. These include classes like ‘DApps and Integrations’, ‘Local Community Centers’, ‘Developer Ecosystem’ proposals, and more. There are separate funds available for each category, and some classes already have well over 100 active proposals.
Within each active campaign, you can find a campaign brief. This is a short explainer of what proposals should include, how to meet the campaign's requirements and some guiding questions for proposals. You will also find a stage flow that guides you through the timeline of each campaign.
Discover a wealth of community-generated proposals by visiting one of the idea explorers listed below. Explore existing proposals to gain valuable insights into what makes a successful proposal and how to position your submission for maximum impact. Whether you're considering submitting an idea or simply looking to engage with the community, this is the place to start.
The best way to keep up to date with Project Catalyst is to follow the announcement channel on Telegram.
- To build your reputation.
- To build something impactful and meaningful.
- To get your project funded.
- To learn and grow.
Participate as a proposer
You will need to create an account first on Cardano IdeaScale and then submit your proposal there. You can collaborate with the community to develop and refine your proposal on the proposals channel on Telegram.
Participate as a proposal assessor
You can provide reviews, assessments, and mentor proposers in their delivery and presentation. Check the community channel on Telegram.
Participate as a voter
Download the Catalyst voting app in the Apple Store or Google Play Store and vote for your favourite projects.
Previous Project Catalyst voting results
- Project Catalyst Fund 9 Voting Results
- Project Catalyst Fund 8 Voting Results
- Project Catalyst Fund 7 Voting Results
- Project Catalyst Fund 6 Voting Results
- Project Catalyst Fund 5 Voting Results
- Project Catalyst Fund 4 Voting Results
- Project Catalyst Fund 3 Voting Results
- Project Catalyst Fund 2 Voting Results
- Fund 1 was the first time the idea was introduced to the Cardano community. This voting cycle did not offer ‘real’ funding.
Please join our different channels on Telegram, Discord and Forum to join our Catalyst funding community and discuss your ideas and proposals:
- Telegram Announcements
- Telegram Catalyst Chat
- Forum Catalyst category
- General Voltaire discussions
- Improving project Catalyst process on Ideascale
- Cardano Project Catalyst Discord
- Cardano Catalyst Community Site
Find common FAQ and the FAQ of previous funds on Project Catalyst:
Browse funded ideas
Alternative funding options
Project Catalyst should be your tool of choice when it comes to project funding on Cardano. For the sake of completeness, here is a place to list alternative funding options for your project.
The cFund is a venture fund that manages all centralized fund operations secured by IOHK and Wave Financial where each of them participated with 10$ million to back ambitious founders globally.
The cFund is a homage to Apple's iFund that was introduced in 2008 to bootstrap iOS development. Compared to Project Catalyst, the funds available here are relatively small.
The cFund started in July 2020 with the goals to achieve:
- Growing the Cardano ecosystem.
- Working with governments, especially in developing countries in Africa and South America.
- Providing access to high-speed, adaptable financing for founders to manage payment flows and invest in the Cardano ecosystem.
The first cFund investment took place In April 2021. It provided $500,000 to innovative enterprise-grade fintech technology called COTI, the currency of the internet. COTI secured the investment to support stakeholder-driven payment solutions and enables them to pack digitally any currency.