To make the difference between Cardano mainnet functionality and testnet functionality clearer, we moved the old content of developers.cardano.org to testnets.cardano.org with the launch of this developer portal.
Because the Cardano testnet is an independent network, separate from the Cardano mainnet, it requires its own token: test ada (tAda).
Test ada is worth nothing. With it you can safely perform all tests free of charge - the reason why you want to develop on the testnet.
To get free test ada, you need to visit the Cardano testnet faucet.
- Daedalus Wallet for Cardano Testnet is the testnet version of Daedalus wallet.
- explorer.cardano-testnet.iohkdev.io is a testnet block explorer by IOHK.
- testnet.cardanoscan.io is a testnet block explorer by Cardanoscan.
- Grafana dashboard provides many health metrics.
- tokentool.io lists all native tokens on mainnet and testnet.
The developer portal covers everything that you can do on Cardano Mainnet today. To illustrate this difference, we moved the old content of developers.cardano.org to testnets.cardano.org with the launch of this developer portal.
To get you up to speed with the Smart Contract functionality coming to Cardano, we prepared get started with smart contracts on Cardano.